REASONS WE CAN COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We rely on a different lawful basis for collecting and using personal data in different situations.
Where you make enquiries with us before you become a customer, we need to collect personal information about you so that we can take steps to enter into a contract with you. Once you have become a customer, we need to collect and use personal information to provide services to you and to claim our right to be paid in return for our services under our standard terms of business. This includes collecting and using your personal information to:
- enable us to follow up on enquiries made by you in relation to our services in accordance with industry guidelines;
- contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for or to provide information you have requested;
- deal with payment for our services;
- notify you of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you; and
- resolve disputes.
If you apply for a job with us, we will collect and use personal information to process your application and check references. If you take a job with us, we will collect and use your personal information to enter into an employment contract with you and to administer the employment relationship, including making payments to you, accounting for tax, ensuring safe working practices, monitoring and managing staff access to systems and facilities, monitoring absences and performance and conducting assessments.
We collect and use personal information from our customers and staff to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we will take copies of documents that identify you as eligible to live and work in the UK.
Legitimate business interests
Our priority is to make sure we give a high quality and secure service to customers and to follow up effectively on enquiries even though we accept that not all enquiries will lead to a business relationship or contract. We collect personal information to:
- follow up on enquiries in accordance with industry guidelines;
- conduct research and analyse website visitor behaviour patterns;
- customise our website and its content to your particular preferences;
- improve our services;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- prevent offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content being sent to or posted on our websites or social media to stop any other form of disruptive behaviour.
We will also communicate with you, information about other services/products we can offer you and update you about our activities and promotions which may be of interest to you. If you would like to stop receiving these email newsletters, you can also click on the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email newsletter. It may take a few days for this to take place, or If you do not wish to continue receiving these communications, you can opt out at any time. See What rights do you have for further information. If you ask us to stop contacting you in this way, you can also ask us to start again at any time.
If we propose to use your information for any other uses, we will ensure that we notify you first. If we need your consent to use your information for these other purposes, we will give you the opportunity to opt in or to refuse. If you opt in, you will be able to opt out at any time.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use technical measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- On our CRM system (Mail Chimp) with access only given to employees of The Lock Up Shop Streetwear Limited;
- we store your personal data on secure servers; and
- payment details are encrypted on the secure server using our provider PayPal;
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable supervisory body of a suspected data breach where we are legally required to do so.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to keep your personal data safe, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us at mailto:Colin@thelockupshop.co.uk.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit Get Safe Online. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights. These include the following rights:
- request a copy of your information which we hold (subject access request);
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold;
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations;
- require us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information;
- restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or which affect you significantly; and
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations.
Further information on each of these rights is available from the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- email, call us on (insert Telephone Number) or write to us at 1 Ladybower Avenue, Cowlersley, Huddersfield, HD4 5XA;
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them.
We will not charge any fee for any of these services in most cases.
WHO WE ARE
The Lock Up Shop Streetwear Company Limited is the operator of the website (Insert web address). We collect, use and are responsible for certain information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws. The person responsible for how we handle personal information is Colin Harrison email@example.com.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
Personal information provided by you
In the course of operating our business, we collect personal information when you provide it to us, such as your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers and payment details.
We also collect personal information from you if you apply for a job with us or work for us for any period of time. In this context, personal information we gather may include: contact details, financial and payment details, details of education, qualifications and skills, marital status, nationality, NI number, job title, and CV.
Personal information provided by third parties
We do not receive any customer personal information via a third party.
If you apply for a job with us, we may receive information from the people who provide references.
Personal information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else as an alternate contact, referee or next of kin, you confirm that the other person has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
- receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
HOW AND WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
We gather information directly from you when you contact us via phone or email and when you take up our services.
We also collect personal information when you send us feedback either through our website or our social media channels.
To find out more about how we collect and process personal information click Reasons we can Collect and use your Personal Information.
WHEN WE WILL CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON ABOUT YOU?
If you provide us with details of any other person, we can contact to discuss your order, we may contact that person and discuss and share the details of your order with that person and deal with that person in relation to your order as if that person was you. We may particularly want to do this if we are unable to get in touch with you for any reason. If you change your mind, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you provide us the details of a person who we can contact for a job reference, we may contact that person in connection with your job application.
WHO YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED WITH
We may disclose your personal data to:
- any person or agency if we need to share that information to comply with the law or to enforce any agreement, we may have with you or to protect the health and safety of any person;
- any person who you have named as a person we can contact to discuss your account;
- any person who we are negotiating with as a potential buyer of our business or property or if we are proposing to merge our business with another business;
- credit card associations if specifically required;
- PayPal. PayPal process our online payments. You are able to use with your own PayPal account, or can easily checkout as a visitor. To view how PayPal keeps your data safe follow this link.
- Mail Chimp. If you consent to marketing, The Lock Up Shop uses Mail Chimp as there CRM. Mail Chimp is owned and operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC and are a US based business who operate across the USA, UK and Europe. The Rocket Science Group has certified its compliance with the GDPR through the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. To find out more about their storage of data click the following link.
If we use an outside party to process your information, we will require them to comply with our instructions in connection with the services they provide for us and not for their own business purposes.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those people processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. For more information see Safeguarding your Personal Information.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
We take the safety and security of our customers information very seriously, and we will always ensure, that if any of our customers and staffs data is to be shared outside of the EEA, that all the relevant safeguards are on place.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will usually hold your personal information as a customer or employee on our system for the period we are required to retain this information by applicable UK law, currently 12 years from the end of our contract (Customer) or 6 years (employee) or 6 months after any unsuccessful job application, unless you have told us you want us to delete the information earlier (For more information see What rights do you have).
DO YOU NEED EXTRA HELP?
If you would like this policy in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille) please contact us at email@example.com.